The Simics simulator and Simics Virtual Platform have a long history in industry and academia. It is used extensively for presilicon and postsilicon software development, testing, and system integration at domain ecosystem of silicon vendors and their partners.
Device models that can be run with Simics are typically designed with Device Modelling Language (DML), C/C++ and Python. In this project we focus on using DML as a main modelling language.
Our client is world’s leading vendor in silicon and SW development
With us you will be responsible for:
- Study and understand technical specifications and Customer product architecture
- Study and understand Simics fundamentals: Simics user and developer documentation, Simics API functions
- Implement device models according to Simics manuals, hardware specifications and provided design notes under supervision of tech. leads
- Document model features for user and other model developers using Markdown
- Being able to create unit tests for new or updated code
- Work with Make build system (understanding of device build routine and ability to create/update make-file content)
- Know how OS works, what is user mode and kernel mode, the role of drivers, OS boot process
- Integrate patches according to model development guide
- Understand CI flow and Jenkins pretest routine (being able to process pretest worklog)
- Describe daily workload using JIRA
We expect you to have:
We’re looking for candidates having proven commercial experience in system/embedded programming (C/C++) , having system debugging and troubleshooting experience with confident knowledge of Linux as a user and enthusiastic about the target area.
- 4-to-6 weeks guided self-study to get on top of Simics and Modelling basics using DML
- Work partially or completely remote. Work from wherever it suits you.
- Extra holidays. We have 25 days off plus 2 sick days.
- We contribute from 10 400 CZK per year. You name it. Choose from contributions for pension and life insurance, sports, culture, health, travel or education in the cafeteria.
- Educate yourself. We regularly organise and pay for IT courses, certifications, language training and personal development courses.
- 90 CZK meal allowance on top of your salary.
- Reward for a new colleague. Refer another colleague to us and get up to 80,000 CZK.
- We'll support you when you're sick. For colleagues who are seriously ill for a long period of time, we contribute to sick pay in excess of the law.
- Extra work is appreciated. When overtime is needed, we pay more than the law requires.
- Stay fit and fresh. In Ostrava, use the free fitness facilities in the building, in other locations, do sports with Multisport.
- Nordic culture. At Tietoevry, we believe in you. No one is breathing down your neck and checking every minute of your work. We are friendly and open.