Back-end Java Developer for Cloud&IP
Tieto is a Finnish company offering IT, R&D and consulting services. In Czech Republic, there are nearly 2500 employees in Ostrava and Brno, and there are about 15000 IT experts all over the world.
Our R&D site in Brno focuses on research and development of software, especially in Java and on Linux. Our approach is hands-on and we use cutting-edge technologies daily. You can take part in their research, development, integration or implementation – ONAP, SDN/NFV, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack, OpenDaylight, Open vSwitch, Intel Rack Scale Design, HW-Offloading.
What is it exactly that we do around here?
- generally speaking, we develop and automate testing of a huge SW platform of a virtual hyperscale datacenter
- it also depends on the specific teams that work here – there are more than 10 of them and each of them specialises in something else, for example:
- Thunderball team implements Command Center Manager functionality in the area of Discovery, Inventory, Alarms, Metrics and VPOD
- Phobos and Deimos teams work on Chassis Management Unit, Climate control, Sleds discovery and configuration, Storage service, SW upgrade / HW replacement, CoreOS (Montavista Linux) build, Centralized system logging and Alarm handling
- Nemesis team works on Continuous Integration, etc.
You’ll like working with us if
- you like working in Java SE
- you have an idea of how TCP/IP works
- you’re not afraid of the black screen of Linux
- you can simplify your work using scripting (Python, Bash, …)
- you’re agile and a bit multi-functional (it’s called DevOps and it’s everywhere around here)
- you can communicate in English or are willing to work on your foreign language skills, we can offer some language courses to go with that
- you’re looking for long-term cooperation as an employee or a freelancer
- you like solid working environment, relaxed atmosphere in the office, not in an open space
- you need to work from home sometimes and you don’t like overtime