Leads the technical design of the system and has overall responsibility for facilitating the major technical decisions expressed as software architecture. A Software Architect is expected to have working knowledge of software technology and Computer programming experience and expertise.
With us, you will be responsible for
In this role, you will have the technical architecture ownership of one or more modules in Tieto’s Smart Utilities offering, and ensure that defined architectural principles and roadmap are followed.
As a member of the architect team within Smart Utilities’ Common Offerings and Platforms unit you will also participate in strategic processes for continuous improvement of our modules’ architecture to ensure that our software take advantage of new technologies in order to provide best in class value for our customers.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design and architecture of overall portfolio offering for different Areas
- Analyze requirements from customers and adapt to our strategy
- Keep updated of development in the area, both from tools perspective and solution design
- Cooperation with customers to understand their needs and communicate them to the development organization
- Technical documentation of the module architecture
- Mentoring of developers in the area, and ability to work with development teams to demonstrate/prototype improvement actions.
- Participate in development of taking special care of system design, technical interfaces and service descriptions
We expect you to have
- At least 5 years’ experience as a software architect or lead developer, working with design and architecture for software that has business critical value to the customer, and delivered to a wide range of customers.
- You should have very good knowledge of advanced software technology, and have a record of guiding and influencing others within your area. You analyze and improve current ways of working, and is able to explain and present highly complex solutions or alternative solutions.
- Strong competence in preferably Microsoft development tools and frameworks for design, development and testing enterprise class software.
- You are capable to participate in pre-sales activities when needed, and used to communicate with architects from customers.
- In addition you are fluent in English, written and verbally and have an academic degree or similar competence.
- We are looking for a result-oriented and driven team-player, with a proactive approach and “can-do” attitude, enthused by connecting with new people. We expect you to demonstrate technical leader qualities for the development teams.
We offer you the unique opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of our offering development. We are transforming the Energy Utilities landscape and we strive to be forerunners also in the years to come. Luckily, we have talent. Lots of it.
We offer you a stimulating position with great opportunities for professional growth. With us you will have the opportunity to directly influence your career development. Our culture is built on transparency and active sharing – a truly open environment.
At Tieto, we take the challenges of modernization and digitalization and use them to add value to business. With us, you can both innovate and improve. Join us in our journey in creating value for life.
Tieto have recently launched a new strategy with the aim to further accelerate innovation and growth in the Nordics and internationally. Our aim is to become our customers’ first choice for business renewal. We are one of the first IT companies certified in gender equality and are very proud of our Nordic culture and values.
In Smart Utilities we are 350 employees, and a leader in the Customer Care and Billing space in the Nordic’s, with 200 customers in the energy utilities industry.