Are you an expert/senior Java Developer? Would you also like to help other beginning developers to grow?
This is what we work on in Tieto Brno:
Our R&D site in Brno focuses on SW research, design and development, focusing specifically on virtualisation, SDN/NFV and telecommunications for our global customers. Due to our NDA, we cannot specify their brands, but they are major global players in the telecommunications area, with one of them being the biggest manufacturer of microprocessors in the world, etc.
What are you going to be working on in Tieto Brno?
- You will take part in developing complex control applications in Java, such as Hyperscale Datacentre System, or test automation development (unit, integration, function tests) – all according to what you prefer as a developer/testing engineer
- You will work in an agile team made up of Brno colleagues, but also Swedish or Danish partners (the teams usually consist of 2/3 developers and 1/3 test automation engineers – no clicks, pure development)
- You will help your younger and less experienced developers/testers with the technical aspects of the job, share your skills and experience, give them tips and feedback – this means you should have enough experience
- You will utilise your TCP/IP networking principles and Linux knowledge, everything runs on those around here
- From time to time, you will also use one of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python, Groovy, Shell or Bash
- You will use your English daily during stand-up meetings with your project or line manager
- You will also work with a plethora of other technologies, such as: Git, Gerrit, sonar, Jenkins, Eclipse, REST, JSON, RPC, RabbitMQ, Sparklog, etcd, nginx, Jersey, Girzzly, TestNG, Mockit, JCat, TCP/IP networking, VLAN, vxVLAN, IPMI, RedFish – their knowledge is not, however, a condition for working with us
If you’re interested in how it works around here, you can ask us directly, but just to give you an idea:
- Our attitude is very informal, we work in a relaxed environment
- Our jobs are characterised by the fact that you need to use your brain and your skills to navigate unknown waters, state your opinion based on facts, not assumptions
- We don’t have to worry about parking our cars – there is a company parking lot right underneath the building
- We work 40 hours per week, and while this time is organised according to personal preference, we also take into account our customers and we try to be flexible where we can
- Some days you can also work from home, if it suits you better
- We work on international projects and if you’re interested, you can travel on a short-term dispatch – it is not, however, necessary if you prefer to stay here ;)
- We celebrate when the project is successful, at Christmas, in spring and fall, in summer, sometimes we do sports or go hiking sometimes we party…
- We’d love to welcome new colleagues who would be a breath of fresh air, and whose voice could be heard in the company